Friday, April 01, 2005

Morning Commute: Entry Twenty-Two:

I drove to work again today which I haven't done in a long time. I mean, I drove to work yesterday (and the day before but not Tuesday, also Monday too) but today is Friday and I don't normally drive to work on Friday. Traffic's bad.

I listened to music on the drive. Some of it (about 45 seconds) I wrote and recorded myself. It's a personal song I wrote but not for me. I wrote it for a guy I will call Joey who asked me and others to write a personal song; to record it to analog four track; in a place that I do not normally record things; and to give it to him for a compilation. I like the song I recorded. I play piano which I don't normally do but I played it well. After all I only had to play good for 45 seconds. I listened to that song over and over in the car on the way to work today, and yesterday and the day before yesterday.

The other songs I listened to, I did not record. That is not a trick answer because I was given the CD's from the drummer in my band churchbus. They are not my songs but they are his songs in that he wrote some of them or played on them or something like that. I was surprised at some of the songs, like Strong, I'm in Love with my Band, and others whose names I do not know because I was driving and so I couldn't look over at the cover to read them. I did not know the C*nts were so good.

But now I do. And I like them.

No comments: