This site is being re-directed to its true purpose as a sounding board for me - the loyal grunt behind the scenes at Disclexington Productions. I hope to share with you the pleasures and struggles of an independent label devotee as I help these great bands make their way in an ever-changing, unromantic, increasingly cynical world. You wouldn't think this brave new world we live in would have a place for renegade musicians whose dreams consist of "just one great show," or "travelling the country, meeting new people, and sharing stories along the way." But guess what? It still does. I believe that. I believe it so much, I spent all my college summers working my ass off for nothing at an Indie Label. And now I'm a college graduate with a Business Degree (who isn't?) and what am I doing? I'm devoting my life to promoting the music and musicians I love. So join me as I circumnavigate the music world on behalf of the wonderful people of Disclexington Productions. Let's Roll!
Oh but first...I promised my boss that I'd "host" a celebration of his 7 month "Morning Commute" project. Frankly I think it's all a bunch of dribble and a desperate attempt to make lemonade out of a bunch of rotten apples but whatever, we'll go over the highlights. So here it is, my top ten favorite "Morning Commute" posts in no particular order:
10. Entry Number Three. I don't know, I totally dig the Indian imagery and the drawing is funny. You can skip the first two paragraphs, auto-erotic and b-o-r-i-n-g.
9. Enter Eleven and a half - the "original entry." It's actually way too long and full of useless information but it gives you all the background and I like the link to the exquisite corpse.
8. Entry Six. Needs no explanation. Do you get the idea that I like drawings yet?
7. Entry Eighteen. The beginnings of something great. I guess entry Twenty-Nine should be included here.
6. Entry Thirteen. Fan favorite.
5. This thought goes through my head all the time.
4. Entry Thirty-One. Nice short poem (emphasis on short)
3. Entry Thirty-Nine. I am totally jealous that OMK* got to go to the NAACP Conference. Can you imagine being the only dorky white guy in a sea of God-fearing NAACP conference goers? I can only imagine the scene from the Blues Brothers when Elwood and Jake see the light. OMK said it was exactly like that.
2. Entry Two. I like the Chinese characters, very observant.
1. Entry Nineteen. Another drawing.
*Ol' Man Kilian