Monday, February 07, 2005

Morning Commute: Entry Eight:

Special Miami Beach Entry


The morning commute (if you can call it that this week) consists of walking about 20 yards from my hotel room to the elevators, taking them down six floors and walking however many paces to the ballrooms and conference rooms of the Hummingbird Summit held in the Loews Miami Beach Hotel.

Today I made one slight diversion, pushed *L instead of 2 in the elevator, turned right in the lobby, left out the door and walked about 100 yards down the palm lined steps, past the heated pool and spa, over the boardwalk to the Atlantic coast to watch the sunrise, which (though the breeze was easy, the water lovely, and the beach quiet) wasn't much to look at.

I am now being harassed by a flock of seagulls, not the Flock of Seagulls - they never harassed me, but these birds are and I'm worried they are interested in my coffee.

A Sly tune is running through my head - different strokes for different folks. If I could invert my life and live on the 7th floor of this hotel and work on the 2nd floor for 360 days of the year and live in Chicago for the other five...today I would tell you, yes that would be nice.

No comments: