Wednesday, March 15, 2006

If I had my d'ruthers I'd be in Austin this weekend.

What would a music blog be this week without a SXSW post?

Sadly, for me anyway, I won't be there this year - too many other trips on the near horizon. At least I get to enjoy an always terrific home cooked meal made by our belgian raised sister-in-law and pop that $60 bottle of irish whiskey I've been saving for the occasion.

Anyway if I was in Austin this weekend, I'd be sure to hit one of these New York Night Train events - one at the Peacock on Saturday and one at the Slinky Whistle Bait on Sunday. Lots of good bands, some good eats, and I believe both events are free.

I'd also run over to the Longbranch Inn on Friday and catch Cococoma early (7 PM) and Headache City later (9:15). You won't be seeing double - Lisa Roe, the Cococoma guitarist, drums for Headache City. She is the most rocking-est librarian you will ever meet and that's saying a lot because I've met quite a few rocking librarians. Mike Fitzpatrick plays the farfisa with Cococoma and guitar with Headache City. Check 'em out - see some Motown influenced Chicago garage rock, meet good people. Headache City also features Dave Head who played with the Motards in Austin back in the day.

I'll be stuffing myself, getting boozey and longing for blue bonnets and rock and roll.

2 comments:

Ramon Medina - LP4 said...

LOL, funny I just posted my "I wish I were a SXSW" Blog recently. How do you say "Jinx! You owe me a soda!" in blog?

Found in the Alley said...

How about next year I buy you a beer instead?